Thursday, November 15, 2012

D.I.Y Mentality



In this post I’ve got a bit of a D.I.Y theme going on. Firstly the vest Im wearing, was previously an 80's short sleeve jacket, thrifted, cut up, recycled into something somewhat  new. Secondly the necklace was a Do It Yourself item made simply with coloured rope and hardware. The necklace was inspired by Michelle Lane’s rope jewellery collection which I thought was really cool, but being the cheap ass that I am, I would replicate my own version. Just don’t ask me how I did it, a lot of trial and error and random knot tying. So, together with my sheer top (with the very visible hot pink bra underneath) and my obligatory tights, I was ready to skate . . . if only I knew how!

After
Before




Top – Thrift, Red Cross New Lynn
Vest – Thrift, Tongan Lady@ Avondale Flea Market
Tights – Kate Madison, Warehose
Shoes – Converse
Necklace – I D.I.Y’d it
Glasses – Cotton On


Thought I would add my sis Anne into this post as she was the reason why we ended up in the skate park. You guessed it, she’s a wanabe skater. Plus I love her top which I found but couldn’t fit, damn!



Anne wears
Top – Thrift, Hospice New Lynn
Jeans – Kmart
Shoes - Converse






No comments:

Post a Comment