Monday, July 30, 2012

These boots were made for walking!



As hard as it can be being fat and trying to find clothes, having big feet is a whole different story. Lest with clothes, you can always alter & extend it to make it fit but you cant buy size 10 shoes and turn them into 12. 
I blame my Samoan/German genetics for my mammoth feet, there was no way my taro’n’cornbeef & beer’n’sausage loving ancestors would bless me with petite feet. So when I found a pair of boots that weren’t hideous and extremely expensive I experienced my first shoe high in years. A pair of simple, flat, black leather boots will always remain as classic as a cotton white shirt or a pair of well fit denim jeans. But above all it is practical for the day to day wear making it a staple in any fashionista’s closet. 





So to break in my new boots I went to the Auckland Art Gallery to soak up some culture and to get inspired back into painting again (examples shown in my blog title and to the right). With some of the photos I took that day Im sure ill have (visual) food for thought.









Shirt- Thrift, Avondale Flea Market
Jacket – Thrift, Save Mart New Lynn
Tights – Maya, Warehouse
Boots – Hush Puppies
Bag – Kmart
Glasses – Le Specs
Earrings – Lovisa 




No comments:

Post a Comment