Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Mash up


I don’t know how to describe this outfit. It’s rather a mash of what I can figure as girly goth, with a rockabilly hairdo and grandma’s cardi and shoes. A couple of weeks ago I realised I lacked a winter closet so today I was on the hunt for warm yet stylish winter get-up. Now when I say stylish I’m referencing pieces you can go out in public in, not the oversized sweaters that you lounge about in at home or athletic gear that becomes the uniform for Uni students and busy mothers alike. What is in my ‘winter wardrobe’ pretty much consists of 3 jumpers I wore when I was a student which today, I only ever wear at home (well, except the cardi I’m wearing in this post, I had no other option). Luckily today’s visit to the local Hospice, St.Vincent and Savemart store ended in a good thrift haul- 2 coats, a long cardi, a foe-leather mini and a velvet skirt (that becomes a mini when i wear it). So I’m looking forward to posting the newbie’s in future, but for now me and my stay at home jumper are off to have a cup of tea and watch some trashy tv. Nyte nyte XX





Dress-City Chic
Cardi- Warehouse
Tights- Warehouse
Shoes- Number1 shoes
Necklace- Warehouse
Bag- Thrift, Salvation Army Glen Eden
Head Scarf- Thrift, Hospice New Lynn
Glasses- Le Specs   





No comments:

Post a Comment