Monday, June 11, 2012

+ L A D Y G A G A +


 

Our mother monster +Lady Gaga+ performed her last New Zealand concert last night, which I was lucky enough to attend. Her first 2 concerts sold out and I was pissed that after many failed attempts by both me and my friend Nana, via on-line and standing in-line that we would miss out completely. But a 3rd show was announced and Nana snapped up tickets for what was already been touted as the concert of the year. A week before Sunday’s concert I started sewing up my dress and put the final touches on it just hours before we had to go. The final product, a black poncho dress with a sheer material insert over the bust (for a bit of bra action) with reflective stickers over the chest and fluro yellow ribbon at the waist and wrists. The reflective stickers were great, every time the black lights went on, I lit up like a Xmas tree in a crowd. But aside from my attention grabbing, glow in the dark chest, Lady Gaga was great. She is a true performer in every sense of the word and what amazed me was her raw voice. Aside from the set, dancers, wild costumes, make up and props, she is one of the rare few who can capture an audience with just the power of her voice. I was glad that Gaga was my first ever concert, I love her as a musician and artist, as a fashion icon and as a role model of acceptance in self and others. All up a great, GREAT night out.

 


Dress- Made by me
Shoes- All black leather hi-top chucks, Converse 


Glowing, even in the crowd of black!




No comments:

Post a Comment